Monday, June 14, 2010

Bounty

We tailed the Caravan for weeks waiting for a time that was right to strike. They were weary as bandits had attacked their camp before and their lookouts were extremely vigilant, especially the elf. The bounty had warned that he was dangerous and had nearly killed the Merchant Buld, who had luckily gained the favor of the priests of Shinma. His companion the halfling was also said to be duplicitous and skilled in the arts of seductions and deception. It was she who freed the elf allowing him to strike the near fatal blow to Buld. 500 gold corni each is quite a haul for a couple of escaped slaves. 

As I watch him this night I do not see a killer. It must have been luck, just dumb luck.

I signal the men to move out and they circle around the camp. The elf's sits upright and stares toward the bushes where those fools have made to much noise. As I look back he's gone.

There is a flash in the night and suddenly the Elf stands before me his blade dripping with my blood. My companion turns to confront him and with another flash the Elf knocks him from the back of his rodent mount and with a swift stroke he is dead. The rat turns on the Elf and I run. His hands are to swift to see and in the night I hear my men dieing. Perhaps the price on his head was well deserved. I'll gather more companions and we'll see what this Elf does then....


Two weeks later along the road north two heads dangle from a pole in the ground. Dried blood runs down their faces from a carved elven rune on their foreheads. A paper flutters near the base of the staff. "Reward 500 gold corni a piece for the capture of the Elf  Rolen and the Halfling Oraya."

No comments:

Post a Comment